Monday, July 16, 2007

Rocking Stocks in the Chat Room Today

I took a day off from work today. Not a lot of new trades, but since some I own are SMTX, LPHI, NVDA I was smiling.

Super calls on SHOR, ELON, BQI, DYII, OTD, TNRO, ANTP and many others.
For example:
Muddy called TNRO at 1.68, closed at 2.02.
Loki called ELON at around $20, closed 22.09.

Muddy called DYII at the exact breakout today. Take a look at the chart here. This is the power of the scrolling HOD list. He didn't even know the stock, but it was running. If you have to research and look at a yearly chart on these type you miss the run. I didn't play this one, but I took OTD when it starting running on the HOD list when Muddy gave the headsup:
(Jul 16-13:25) Muddy: OTD getting vol .40/.41
(Jul 16-13:25) Muddy: gotta be news
(Jul 16-13:26) Muddy: volume flying
(Jul 16-13:26) Loki: yes news

(Jul 16-13:33) Muddy: thnks loki




I got filled at .46 after the call, holding for the likely morning gap. (And no, didn't look at a chart before I bought.)

IS ANYONE else watching the HOD list? This is a MOMO chat room yet we have people putting up stocks with no reason give, or a 4 cent day range, or no volume at all. With 30-40 people in chat each day, seems like others would see stuff before Loki and Muddy sometimes but there is very little input from others except for a few.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a Scottrade account, but really do not, or have taken the time to understand the HOD list. Have not participated in chat room, but most people are probably there to learn something rather than participate.
Gary

Anonymous said...

The reason people don't put the HOD's on the chat session because they simply get ignored. I don't post anymore. I just buy and make a gain on the ones I find.
Now we need to sit and type and explain why we post them which takes more time off our trading.

Its better to post like Muddy
posts.
ESEA,Ha

Time is very limited if I have 6 1/2 hour to daytrade to make a living when we have fast market conditions which will become more common with electronic trading.

Anonymous said...

Muddy i love your chat room i find it to be very fun....its definately a good place to learn stocks. i try to post when ever i can but im not near the fast paced trader you guys are and i have alot more to learn. I hope you guys continue to keep the chat room open. i enjoy it a lot.

thanks muddy, laura, and loki
Seq

Anonymous said...

The HOD list <- what exactly is the strategy with this? How do you go about analyzing it. I tried following in the chat room the other day, but still not clear on it.